FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I register to the event?
Please click on Register (top of the website), fill in the registration form and follow up the registration steps.
2. Is it free of charge?
Yes, the event is completely free of charge. Light lunch will also be offered.
3. What is the meaning of "Support Office"?
"Support Office" is your local Enterprise Europe Network node organization that can support your participation in the event. The choice of your Support Office is related to the region where you are geographically based. To identify your Support Office, go to the Contact page of this website and consider if you know some of the organization listed. If you do, this is the organization you will select as a Support Office in the registration form. If your region does not have a local support office, please select "I do not know my Support Office".
4. Can I modify my profile after registration?
Yes, you can modify your profile anytime by logging in - via the Login button or the links received via email - and modify the content already inserted.
5. Why publish high quality Marketplace Items?
The Marketplace give you the opportunity to publish and promote your collaboration ideas, research and offers before and after the event: event participants but also any other web user can find and read your published profile. The better your profile, the more meetings requests you will receive!
Is it possible to insert more than one Marketplace item?
Yes, every participant can insert several profiles. You are encouraged to do so!
6. When will my profile be available online?
Each profile is reviewed by the organizers and, if it meets the quality criteria, it is approved and published. Otherwise, you will be contacted by the event organizer for improvement suggestions.
7. What should I do if I forgot my password?
- Click on Forgot password? in the invitation email you have received, then check your inbox for further instructions.
8. What if, due to unforeseen reasons, I cannot participate in the matchmaking event?
Please let the organiser know immediately and click on Cancel participation in the Your Attendance area of your profile. If you have meetings scheduled, please get directly in contact with your meeting partners and tell them that you cannot keep the appointment.
If you are interested in keeping visible your profile (for about 2 years on the platform) even if you cannot attend, don't click Cancel participation, and contact the organisers. Your profile will be deactivated and put back online after the event.
9. How and When can I book meetings?
Booking is opened from 26 November to 14 December 2018.
You will be informed by email about the start of booking.
- Select the link "Participants" from the main menu.
- Click "Request meetings" on participant profile you want to meet
- Meetings are automatically accepted. You have to manually reject meeting instead.
NOTE: Meetings that are "Pending" will not be scheduled in your agenda; it is necessary to "Accept" the meetings first.
10. Can I cancel a meeting request?
Yes of course. Meeting requests are accepted by default to make easier the meeting management for the organisation and also taking into account the various approaches to the event by participants. It is your duty and your best interest to check regularly your meetings and select those relevant to you, rejecting those that are not. It is in the logic of the event.
- In your profile, select the "Meetings" section and select the meeting you would like to cancel.
- Use orange link "Cancel meeting" on the left below the meeting status.
11. Why do I receive none or only a few meeting requests?
Have you activated the time slot sessions in My Attendance section?
- Only a few?
The better your profile, the more meetings requests you will receive. You might have done the registration quickly and not inserted meaningful organisation descriptions and Marketplace opportunities.
You also have to consider if you can increase your availability selecting more time slots.
12. When will I get my personal meeting schedule?
- One week before the event you will receive your PRELIMINARY meeting schedule. You can also check the Meeting section
- Check your Agenda from the corresponding section in the days before the event. Last minutes changes and cancellations are not uncommon.
- At the Brokerage Event registration Desk you will receive your final schedule as paper copy (taking into account last minute changes and cancellations up to the morning of the day before).